I have downloaded linux ver driver for DLINK DWA 525 wireless network adapter driver and extract it to directory
Then I install it as instructed by the read me file ( using “ make and make install commands ) the driver has installed successfully But not able to connect with my wireless network
After lot of googling I have found one solution in blog here am republishing it
1. Install the card and power up the machine.
2. Open the terminal and run
In the list you will see:
Network Controller: Ralink Device 3060 0
So now we know what device we need drivers for.
3. Go to http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2 and download the RT3062PCI/mPCI/CB/PCIe(RT3060/RT3062/RT3562/RT3592) drivers.
You’ll be prompted for your name and email but you don’t need to sign into anything.
4. Extract the package and cd to the directory.
5. We need to make a slight modification to the configuration for the driver:
# Support Wpa_Supplicant
# Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Manager
By default they are both set to ‘n’. Save and close the file.
6. From the top level directory, compile and install the driver:
make && make install
You need to use ‘sudo su’ and not just ‘sudo’ so it creates the directories properly.
7. After compilation, and whist still root, modprobe the driver:
You should get no output signalling success.
8. Now an important step. We need to blacklist a conflicting driver that will be loaded preferentially for this network card.
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
and enter the following line at the bottom of the file:
Save and close.
9. Restart the machine.
10. When the machine is back up, verify the driver has been loaded and is being used by the device:
You should see the following in the list:
rt3562sta 924607 1
11. Now, launch the Network Manager and it should have detected the available wireless networks and you can configure the one you want.
For more details go here