When hosting Sites with iis 7 ,7.5 (in my case it was a DNN CMS site) I got 404.11 Error says “The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that contains a double escape sequence”
HTTP Error 404.11
The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that contains a double escape sequence
Microsoft Says “The IIS7 request filter rejects URLs containing + characters. We do this because the + character is a dangerous choice. Some standards, e.g. the CGI standard require +’s to be converted into spaces. This can become a problem if you have code that implements name-based rules”
I have found one solution …just sharing with you guys
Just run the following command on your Webserver to allow the Double escaping in the URL . You can use this for whole server or a particular site
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config “Default Web Site” -section:system.webServer/security/requestfiltering -allowDoubleEscaping:true
Wanna more.. here
I have spent almost 2.30 hrs to find the fix that’s why am posting this. Normally this error gets in Internet Explorer
” Message: ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load. ”
” Message: ‘Sys’ is undefined ”
Quick Look on Fix:
“We found this error being thrown because it was looking for MicrosoftAjax.debug.js in the source, but we had not deployed this script with our website, hence the error.
Turning the web.config entry from to
caused the autogenerated client side script to look for MicrosoftAjax.js, which we did deploy, and the problem went away”
Please go through the forum for more details about the root cause of this error
Thank you, all please leave comments if its helps you
Our development team Was in a project which need to host web service based on WCF and silver light.
And they have hosted the service on a Windows 2008 server IIS7
But then they informed us that they are getting errors when brows the service with the url (http://testsite/module/service.svc) on browser
The error was something like this
Error 500.0 – Internal Server Error Description: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred. Error Code: 0x800700aa.
404.3 – Not found and the mime type not being configured correctly to be served.
he ISAPI Filter has dependencies that are not available on the Web server
Please add the correct MIME Type and Script Mappings
At first we have tried to add the SVC MIME type on iis 7 manually but it doesn’t made any change
After a long search I have found the very small command which help us to override the problem
I know this is the only portion that you guys need with this post so here is the one
“ ServiceModelReg.exe –I”
All i did was ….open a command prompt, navigate to the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation and execute the following command.
This is command is to run the Microsoft .net frame work Service Model Reg tool which will install all missing MIME type and script mappings
Let me know if its helped …..